Unique Software Development LLC (USD) is a digital invention agency focused on machine learning methodologies, enterprise mobile and web applications, eCommerce, augmented reality and IoT. From our US headquarters in Dallas, TX to our offices and labs in Los Angeles, Athens, Greece and Karachi, Pakistan – we look to innovatively make this world a better place with each and every product, system, idea and app we release.
We are looking for three experienced Data Scientists to join our existing ML team in developing and refining a predictive logistics application within the transportation industry that moves in excess of $8 billion of freight annually.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
You must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. You must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. You must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Responsible for researching, designing, and building various scales and complexity systems by implementing supervised and unsupervised machine-learning techniques.
- Use Deep Learning and Machine Learning to create scalable solutions for business problems.
- Deliver Deep Learning/Machine Learning projects from beginning to end, including business understanding, data aggregation, data exploration, model building, validation and deployment.
- Design rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to customers.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Explore the intricacies of a data set to extract insights or have built models that predict or identify patterns used to answer burning business questions.
- Contribute to full stack systems built for speed and distributed computing and feel proud to ship code to delighted end users.
- Ability to deal with data imperfections such as missing values, outliers, inconsistent formatting, etc.
- Ability to manipulate large datasets, (millions of rows, thousands of variables).
- Mine and analyze data from databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data set.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Minimum of 5+ years Data experience. Experience in a mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field. A Master’s degree.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: 1) data analysis and relational-style query languages; 2) machine learning and/or statistical modeling; 3) data visualization; 4) a high-level programming language; 5) distributed computing.
- Strong with Statistics and mastery of statistical programming languages such as MATLAB (must), Python, R.
- Contribute to design and prototyping of medium complexity machine learning systems
- Hands on experience with various supervised and unsupervised machine-learning techniques
- Hands on experience in one or two of the following areas: machine learning, natural language processing or deep learning.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, Apache Spark, and other big data technologies.
- Experience and passion for simulations, optimization, neural networks, artificial intelligence (deep learning and machine learning)
- Mastery of various statistical methodologies such as regression analysis (linear and non-linear), cluster analysis, CHAID, time series, survival models.
- Knowledge of statistical theories and techniques commonly used in recommendation, prediction, anomaly detection and optimization models.
- Ability and desire to go beneath the surface of a problem and distill it into a clear set of hypotheses that can be tested.
- Ability to identify, join, explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources and formats
- Ability to reduce large quantities of unstructured or formless data and get it into a form in which it can be analyzed
- Strong analytic thought process and ability to interpret findings.
- Experience in data wrangling and advanced analytic modeling.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and has the ability to deal with ambiguity while juggling multiple priorities and projects at the same time.
- Masters or Ph.D. in a quantitative field, or bachelor’s degree with significant data Science experience.
- Knowledge and experience using one or more of the following, or similar, machine learning software frameworks: CAFFE, Torch 7, Keras and Tensorflow.
- Experience with Logistics data.
- Experience building production-ready NLP or information retrieval systems.
- Hands-on experience with NLP tools, libraries and corpora (e.g. NLTK, Stanford CoreNLP, Wikipedia corpus, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year