WHO WE ARE
Unique Software Development LLC (USD) is a digital innovation agency focused on machine learning, connected systems and enterprise mobile/web application development. From our headquarters in Dallas, TX to our offices and labs in Los Angeles, CA, Barcelona, SP, Tulcea, RO and Karachi, PK – we look to fundamentally make this world a better place with each product, system, experience and app we release.
Joining our team will give you endless opportunities to use your passion, ingenuity, experience, and pragmatism to build very cool products that affect millions of customers; directly impacting the evolution of the core products and experiences within the social, transportation, healthcare and financial industries. When you start here, you’ll find yourself in an environment that’s exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun. You will work with every member of the team, and most importantly, your concepts will be directly reflected in the products we develop for clients and define pathways for future features to pursue.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
USD is seeking a Business Analyst to work directly with our product development team. Our Business Analysts are responsible for leading, liaising and managing software builds through the review, analysis and evaluation of business, system and user needs. By documenting requirements, defining scope/objectives and formulating end-to-end workflows to parallel client strategies; USD’s Business Analysts manage the SDLC of projects from conceptualization to implementation and release.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for, and history of, managing and developing top-notch experiences on web and mobile platforms, as well as supporting development teams through a well-rounded set of management skills that range from requirements gathering to solution formulation and product release.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information and evaluating output requirements and formats
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams by studying system capabilities and writing specifications.
- Improve systems by studying current practices and designing modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions
- Maintain Client and User confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the Client group
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Plan and coordinate the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific initiatives and presents findings of studies to client committees
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Suggest changes to clients and management using analytics to support your recommendations and actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
- Prepare product documentation within the Atlassian Confluence system
- Coordinate and manage tasks and activity within the Atlassian JIRA system
- Collaborate daily with the design, development and project management teams
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or a related degree.
- 3+ Years of experience working as a Business Analyst or Product Manager.
- 1+ Years of experience working within the technology or software development industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft SQL and DBs.
- Understanding of Atlassian (JIRA/Confluence) products.
- Pro-active communication with the ability to act as a thought partner.
- Strong problem solving and creative capabilities.
- Naturally curious with a desire to discover solutions to both every day and unique situations.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments and projects.
- Ability to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Passion for technology, invention and innovation.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and capability.
- Position salary range: $60,000 to $80,000 annually.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance at no cost to the employee.
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance at no cost to the employee.
- Continuing education reimbursement program.
Paid Time Off:
- 10 days of vacation per calendar year.
- 5 days of sick leave per calendar year.
- 2 work from home days per calendar month.
- Uptown Dallas location.
- Dog friendly workplace.
- Casual attire dress code.
APPLY TO CAREERS@UNIQUESOFTWAREDEV.COM